Location: Johannesburg – Woodmead
Closing Date: 5 July 2019
Reporting Structure: – Financial Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the accounting and management reporting function. Ensuring internal controls are maintained, reviewed and improved where possible. Year-end reporting, liaison with auditors and tax information.
Experience and Skills Required
- Qualified CA (SA) – with 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Person of high integrity
- Deadline orientated
- Analytical, with great attention to detail
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all items posted to the GL are accurate and complete
- Reviewing monthly journals which are prepared by the Accountants
- Reviewing to ensure all recons are prepared timeously, accurately and complete
- Preparing accurate profit estimates
- Reviewing processes to determine if changes and efficiencies can be put in place
- Monthly analysis
- Scenario planning
- BBBEE reporting on scorecard issues
Forecasting and Budgeting
- Preparing changes to the rolling 12-month forecast
- Assisting on the annual budget process
- Interest repayments on loans and interest rate swaps
- Mark-to-mark adjustments and hedge accounting
Complete Monthly /Annual Statutory Returns
- Monthly VAT, PAYE, etc. returns
- Income tax returns / IT14SD recons
- Provide input as to how BBBEE initiatives should be structured to ensure sustainability and impact whilst achieving the maximum score.
- Optimize company processes and structures for the new BBEEE codes
- To perform any assignments if and when requested to do so by Financial Manager and any other Executive Officer of the company
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.