Purpose of the position:
The Business Development is responsible for the sales pipeline for all Solution sales relating to company’s MPS, MDS, Professional Services and software products.
To act as a specialist, integrating the Salesforce to develop Solutions business and to assist in the Sales high-level design phase.
To lead a team of Solutions Specialists to cover all company point of sales presence with the objective to create opportunities to sell the company’s value proposition built on an established service stack offering.
Experience and Skills Required
- Matric and relevant Degree or Diploma.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ experience in IT and Document Management Solutions
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years’ experience in consultative selling and solution sales
- Must have a minimum presence, vocabulary and communication skills are essential.
- Sound business acumen with a good understanding of the overall business and industry sector.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop a number of sales resources.
- Must have the ability to propose and design complex solution opportunities using the Solutions product portfolio.
- Understanding of solutions processes and managing a sales team according to these.
- Full understanding of the technical and business concepts surrounding the following areas: • Document Management
- Content Management
- Workflow Solutions
- Print Management
- Capture Solutions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring that the company meets and exceed the solutions revenue and profit budget.
- Maximize sales performance on monthly sales budgets, targets, and goals.
- Ensure a structured sales pipeline is managed.
- Ensure that there is clear visibility to the Solutions team on the opportunity pipeline.
- Work closely with Project and Pre-Sales teams to accurately plan for resource allocation to sales opportunities.
- Ensure that there is a sufficient technical understanding of all company’s solutions products.
- Act as a leader in strategic, major accounts and sales projects. Act as a trusted advisor.
- To perform any assignments as and when requested by the Chief Sales Officer or any Chief level executive.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closure date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.